General Regulations


If I am already studying at university, can I get any help from Bridge program?

Our scholarship program is only available to students who are currently finishing high school (Grade 12), and applying to universities that we have scholarships for. Therefore, students who are currently enrolled at universities cannot be considered for our scholarship program.


Is there a possibility of transfer to a different university?

Transfer of scholarship funds to another university that is NOT on our partnership list is impossible, however, transfer to a university that we offer scholarships to is processed on case-by-case basis.

If you need to transfer to a different university, you need to email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with:

  1. A confirmation from your desired university on what courses will be transferred.
  2. Your transcript from your current university
  3. A valid reason why you need to transfer universities.

You then need to wait for the scholarship committee’s decision.


Do you have any scholarships for graduate students?

Currently we do not have any scholarships for graduate students in any Lebanese university. Yet, we do offer guidance and information to graduate students who are interested to continue their graduate studies abroad. If you wish to be in our graduate mailing list please contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. 


What your office walk-in days? 

Our walk-in days are Wednesdays and Fridays 9 – 12 30 & 1 30 – 4 30. 


Academic Standing


What happens if my GPA is dropping during university?

You were selected to receive a scholarship because of your high grades; therefore the continuity of the scholarship depends highly on your GPA at university.

Students whose Cumulative GPA is dropping (below 72% at AUB and 2.50 LAU) are putting themselves at the risk of losing the scholarship temporarily, until the GPA goes sufficiently up, or permanently, if the GPA keeps going down, so it is crucial to always keep up the hard work and secure to keep the GPA at a sufficient level. 


What are the GPA rules in comparison to the scholarship?

In the case that you receive a GPA lower than 70% or 2.0, you will be asked to attend a meeting with the scholarship committee to assess your scholarship situation; a change of major will be requested if found necessary. Remember, if you feel like you need help with a specific course don't wait until it gets worse let us know on the spot, students who have already taken the same course can tutor you free of charge. You can also request help in any course on our students group on Facebook.

  • If a student fails two consecutive semesters (meaning you receive a GPA below 70 or 2.00) any financial assistance will be stopped. This is not up for discussion.
  • If a student fails one semester, pass the following and then fail the third, the student will have to pay the full tuition of the semester afterwards. If the student then raises his/her GPA above 72, we might reconsider resuming the financial assistance.
  • If a student receives a GPA less than 1.5 for any semester we may immediately stop the financial assistance. 


How often should I send my grades?

At the end of every semester all students who receive a payment should send their transcripts.

Students can get these documents by logging in to their university account and saving the page showing the statement of fees or transcripts as PDF files or word document. Please send this document to us and wait for a confirmation. 


Can I change my major?

Each student gets a fixed scholarship to a certain major of his/her choice.

Changing or transferring to another major may cause a change in the tuition fees, and there might be financial difficulties in supporting students in new majors.

Therefore, any desire to change the major needs to be communicated to us, and requires the following steps:

  1. Get an approval from your advisor at university.
  2. Contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. asking if changing from one major to another is possible providing:
    1.  Course plan for your current major
    2. Course plan for the  major that you wish to transfer to
    3. Highlight how many courses you have taken in your current major
  3. Wait for a response from the scholarship committee on whether or not you can transfer.**

 **Make sure that you inform us before any deadline as responses vary between 5-7 working days depending on the scholarship committee’s availability. 


Can I drop a course?

Dropping courses is not allowed unless:

  1. A student is taking over and above 12 credits at LAU and 15 credits at AUB. So no Financial Aid payment is lost.
  2. Will not result in any additional semester (Meaning that a student has to overload the course in a proceeding semester).
  3. The course is not a prerequisite for another course (Meaning that a student can graduate within the time specified in the major's curriculum). 


Financial Matters


How are my fees paid?

In general tuition payments are directly transferred to the student account at the university. As for the monthly stipend, students can pick up their cheques during our working hours or by bank transfer (if applicable). 


Who gets a stipend?

Some students receive payments on their tuition, some receive stipends and some receive both. During the selection process, it is the scholarship committee that decides who gets a stipend.

If you feel that you need a stipend you need to send a professional email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. petitioning for one. Upon receiving the email, the scholarship committee will assess your claim and respond to your request.**

 **The scholarship decision is not immediate. 


Does my scholarship cover dorm fees?

Our scholarships cover your tuition fees excluding Financial Aid fees but students can also request us to cover their dorm expenses. The decision will be made on a case by case basis after the selection committee has studied the individual student’s case. 


How often should I send my Account Summary by Term/Transaction Summary Report?

At the beginning of every semester, we will request Account Summaries by Term (AUB)/Transaction Summary Reports (LAU). It is very important for us to receive those documents as early and clearly as possible so all payments are done on time. Students can get these documents by logging in to their university account and saving the page as PDF files or word document (AUB); or request them from the Business Office (LAU). Any delay in sending those documents will delay the payments of all students.  


Do you cover summer tuition fees?

Every major has specific semesters which are detailed in the curriculum designed by the university. Unless these courses are core requirements within the chosen major, such as majors like Engineering or Nursing, we will not be covering any part of a summer semester tuition. If students want to take additional or optional courses they must pay the fees themselves. 


I have a hold and I cannot access my AUBsis or Banner. What should I do?

There are different types of holds. We can only assist you with a financial hold that includes our tuition payments. In such cases, students must inform us ahead of the registration period, as it takes time to communicate with their universities.

We can not help you in the  cases of:

  • Payments from private donors, family contributions, Mahmoud Abbas Fund, Financial Aid. In such cases, students should contact their donor(s).
  • Covering lost Mahmoud Abbas fund or Financial Aid payments or loan payments that you did not sign up for (LAU only). In such cases, students, should contact their university and agree on a payment plan in order to pay their outstanding balances in installments. 


My Account Summary by Term or Transaction Summary Report does not show any payment, and I still have a financial hold.

This falls under two categories; donors and universities:

  • In the case of donors;

Some donors support one student, other support 20. When requesting payments from donors, Account Summaries by Term and Transaction Summary Reports are arranged collectively. If 2 students out of 20 do not send documents; grades, Account Summary by Term…etc. this prevents the report for the donor to be completed leaving 18 students waiting for a payment.

In such cases, all students from a university or donor group will receive an email to help us reach out to the students who have not sent the requested documents.

  • In the case of universities;

Some universities use a money-protection-system that prevents an excess amount to be placed in students’ accounts. The money then is returned back to sender so the process of reallocating the money back into every student’s account may take longer time. 


Can I know who my donor is?

It is within our policy to not inform students about personal details of their donors, unless the donors specifically have wished it to be otherwise. If students want to write a “thank you letter” to their donors (which they are encouraged to), we will be more than happy to deliver such messages.  

In the cases where donors want to meet their students, we can facilitate this. 


Is it compulsory to apply to scholarships from other organisations?

To continue our work with students, we rely on generous donations from individuals and organisations. When presented with an opportunity to apply to third-party organisations, the money that you receive in tuition aid will not only help you but will provide an opportunity for new and more students to receive a higher education through us.

When your donor learns about one student receiving $1000 from a third-party organisation for example, the $1000 that is originally allocated will be transferred to help another student. If 50 people receive $1000, we will have $50,000 from different donors and the ability to support new students.   




How can I contact you?

We can be reached via email, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or by phone +961.1.745.887.

Our office walk in days are Wednesdays and Fridays 9 00 - 12 30 and 13 30 - 16 00. 


I sent an email but I did not receive an answer?

We work with over 1,000 students from different programs, all who email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Therefore, it takes us up to 5 working days to respond to your email.

If no response is given after 5 working days, then students can contact us and we will respond immediately. Students are in no circumstance allowed to contact scholarship committee members' emails and/or phone numbers. 


I have an urgent matter that needs to be solved ASAP and I cannot email.

For matters that are urgent and cannot wait for 5 working days to be responded to, students can contact us by phone, take an appointment or come to our office during our walk-in days and we will work with the issue at hand. 


I changed my phone number/email/contact information so I did not receive any email(s) from you?

Our main main means of communication are by email (both private and university emails). Not seeing an email is not an excuse. In the cases of changing emails, students must inform us immediately.

We only call students for urgent matters, most of which we need an answer on the spot. Therefore, any changes in contact information must be informed to us.  


My personal/family situation has changed or I was on the Dean’s Honor and/or Distinction list, should I inform you?

Any changes in your life on a personal or academic level maybe of interest to the donor. For example if you were on the dean’s honor list, the donor and the scholarship committee may be so proud of your achievement, that the donor may continue to support you and students in the future!

Our Address:


Beirut Office

Beirut Building Company

Bldg Makdessi Street - Hamra Beirut

Dibbiyeh Campus

Dibbiyeh main road,

Facing the Chehab Gas Company



Contact Us

Beirut Office

Phone: +961 1 346 422 | +961 1 745 887

Fax: + 961 1 745 657

Dibbiyeh Campus

Phone: + 961 7 985210 | + 961 7 985 906

Mobile: +961 3 042200

S5 Box